Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A few of My Favorite Things

Whiskers on kittens, blue satin sashes....snowflakes that stick to my nose and eyelashes...In the holiday season I am more aware of how thankful I am for what we have and the people and pretty things that I love. Looking around the house today, I realize a few of my favorite things are right here....
My ever growing fabric stash
Our vintage camera collection
Wine cork mushroom ornaments made with my 4 year old
Our collection of vintage post cards of places we love to visit, and an old map of Boston
Colorful books
stacks of books
Inspiration bulletin board ideas
woodland holiday terrarium
simple table decoration
friendly light up garden gnome, red owl with my husband's photography and vintage blue glass, leopard print lampshade and vintage metal picnic basket tin
fabric stash items
colorful unexpected everyday items collected over time
thrift store plates with fabric pennants and husband's original painting
colors and ideas that inspire my work
vintage blanket yarn, thread, honeymoon souvenir and more pretty books
And of course. My favorite, favorite: my daughter playing across the room
Now I don't feel so bad!

No comments: