Thursday, March 26, 2009

Woodland Pillows for Ava

I found this Kokka fabric online, and instantly knew that it must be mine.
I coupled it with some scraps from a fabric trove at a local salvage warehouse (Marden's in Lewiston) for the back panels-and Voila! I had two new pillow covers for Ava's rocking chair.
I am simply in love with this fabric-it reminds me of spring, and eating strawberries and what childhood should be-sweet. I mean, just look at these little cutesies!
When will my obsession with deer, mushrooms and woodland scenes pass?!?

4 comments:

kaetrn said...

LOVE the mushrooms! i hope that obsession never ends!

Unknown said...

OH! I am loving the vintage feel and simple childhood charm of that fabric. Adorable!!
Marden's fabric section is a gold mine. You are making me want to sew something on this rainy day!!
Brea

Gretchen said...

Oh I just adore that fabric! What a great choice, and I agree it totally reminds me of spring too and endless days of childhood.

Philigry said...

oh, i love this fabric. so sweet.