Sunday, August 24, 2008

Maine Coast Wedding

Maine weddings have a different feel than those held elsewhere. A real treat is a wedding on the Maine coast, with the smell of the salt air and the sound of boats in the harbor as a backdrop to such a special event.
I had such a wedding this past weekend in Camden, with perfect, quintessential Maine summer weather, two of the sweetest people for a bride and groom and a great group of guests and family to celebrate with them.
The ceremony, at the Camden Amphitheater, was backed by Camden Harbor-a perfect day!
The reception took place under a tent by the garden at the Windward House Bed & Breakfast, a gorgeous spot that felt like a comfortable, private family residence more than an inn. The inn keepers are very friendly and hospitable, a treat to work with. The bride chose tangerine and red as her colors and the bride's maids looked simply delish in their chiffon dresses.
Scrumptious catering, accompanied by friendly service was provided by Megunticook Market and photography by Annie Higbee, one of the nicest photographers I have had the priviledge of working with.
D.J. Jeff Rockwell engineered the sound at the Amphitheater and provided musical entertainment and emcee duties during the reception. Luscious mango and red rose bouquets were created by Bunny at Lily, Lupine and Fern, who also laboriously worked to ensure the aisle runner was secure, despite the ocean breeze!
Working with a talented team of professionals simply makes my job better and easier. We all do our part to ensure each couple's day is just so. Though I could not cook all of the food, take the pictures or orchestrate the introductions, I oversee the general management of logistics-my husband even calls me the "Tactical Logistics Commander" sometimes. I like to think that he really means TLC, or that I provide tender, loving care to my clients...That is my goal, but I could never do it without all of the professionals who handle their own elements of the event.
I am always a little sad when I say goodnight to my bride and groom, as though they were just that-mine, for the day. I miss them and it takes me a few days to get over the fact that my part in their lives is over.
So Goodnight, Jaime and Dennis! I enjoyed working with you and sharing your wedding day with you and your family. My very best wishes to you as you embark on this journey together-have a great life!

No comments: