Sunday, August 3, 2008

You Don't Need a Suntan to be Beautiful (and a Few Other Things I Never Previously Believed)

It never fails to amaze me that human babies have real parts, they are just, well...miniature. How is it biologically possible for such a tiny finger, toe or foot to be formed? Yes, yes, I know the scientific answer-but I mean really-isn't it just wonderous that it is even possible?!?
Succulent, precious, unmarked. Irredescent shimmery skin...Ahh to be young and supple once again! I would have forgone the many hours attempting to get as tan as possible.
With my own daughter, maybe, just maybe, I can finally prove my father's mantra to be true: "Pale is beautiful". Perhaps she will listen. Perhaps she will believe. Perhaps that is simply wishful thinking.

But until I can't control it any longer, I will make sure she is protected from the sun, sweet, pale, shimmering and unscathed by the sun's rays.


Dad, if you are reading this, you were right. Yes, I said it-RIGHT! I finally think pale is beautiful!

No comments: