Friday, June 12, 2009

Knit #7 for 2009-Ava's Cozy Warmie

Remember this 100 % Cashmere, 100% splurge yarn, that I was disappointed with when it came in the mail? Well, it found a purpose. Those 2 tiny little precious portions of cashmere whispered out to me from the yarn box...They were too small, even together, to make a large item, but too special and soft to be left in the stash much longer... At first I thought they were telling me to knit my sister a "hunter orange" scarf for her autumn time in the woods. If I want to get cashmere on that girl, I know it will have to be functional! But I had to tell those little bundles of yarn, that they just weren't big enough to be a big girl scarf... After accepting their limitations, they decided to become a little button on scarflette for Ava's 2nd birthday. But how will I wait another 5 months to give it to her?!? Umm, wait, how can it only be 5 months until she is TWO!?! I haven't sewn on the button yet, I am not sure I love the melon green color with the orange... I just made up this pattern, as it was a small item, but should anyone want to make one, or a bigger one for a "big girl", here is the pattern: With US size 3 needles, CO 20 sts Work 5 rows of K1P1 ribbing making sure to knit on the knit stitches and purl on the purl stitches from the previous row. (I know those veteran knitters out there won't need this tip, but those of us new and still learning may be able to better understand how ribbing works this way!) Next row: (Row 1)K2 P1 K6 P2 K6 P1 K2 Next Row: P to end Repeat the last 2 rows until piece measures 17 1/2 inches or desired length Next Row: Button Hole Row- K7 sts, yo, K3tog, continue in pattern from Row 1 above, to end of row Next Row: P to end Next Row: P1K1 ribbing Next row: repeat row above 4 more times for a total of 5 ribbing rows BO, attach button on opposite end of scarflette from button hole Let me know if you have questions!

No comments: