Saturday, August 29, 2009

Portland Museum of Art Wedding

Oh how I wish these pictures could translate...What a joy to coordinate Christina and Colin's Portland Museum of Art wedding ceremony. You know those people who are truly beautiful, inside and out? The ones who glow with the goodness that radiates from within them? Yeah, that would describe this bride and groom and the so delightful (and one of my beloved former brides) special event coordinator at the museum. (Her actual title is "Project Manager for Administration and Special Events") Jen probably won't be delighted that I put this picture here, but I think she looks beautiful, and she is so composed, professional, witty, capable and a treat to work with. If you are ever wanting to have a special event at the Museum, Jen is the go to expert-you will love her. She is a gem of an event coordinator, friend, confidant, logistics tactical commander and I love the name badge and radio ear piece-this exemplifies the behind the scenes things that go on at well planned weddings... Someday when I grow up, I would love to have Jen work with me full time-really, she is that good. Okay, enough about my opinion, on to the wedding details! Luckily the weather held out, and though it was quite humid, the ceremony was held outside in the sculpture garden, with views of the sculpture gallery inside. We hung small paper lanterns outside in the huge tree for the cocktail hour. Aurora Provisions provided the delish hor d'oeuvres reception food and drink, and friendly capable service. I love their tag line: "Beautiful food for busy people"!
Ceremony music was provided by Don Pride, who provided classical guitar for the prelude and processional.
D.J. Mark Sawyer handled the announcements and reception music. Dan Straine provided photographic documentation, and I can't wait to see his pictures. Alas, all I have to share with you now are some of my poorly lit and time limited snap shots! Can you spy Dan in this photo in the sculpture garden?!? Look closely and you can see his lens...
Just as I met the bride and Jen for the rehearsal the night before, the girls had a Cynthia Nixon sighting, and she gave best wishes to Christina, for her wedding the following day. I mean who has a celebrity sighting on the eve of their wedding in a small Maine city?!?
As I was leaving, the McLellan house looked so sophisticated against the Maine summer night sky...
Happy wishes Christina and Colin, I so enjoyed being a part of your meaningful wedding!

No comments: