Friday, September 26, 2008

Fools Rush In

What was I thinking?!? I rushed into making hats for Ava, because I needed some confidence, you know...to tackle the cardigan I keep avoiding. Some confidence. We know what happened with the first hat. So I tried again. This is the second hat. I even modified this one, reduced the number of cast on stitches to make it smaller. Fat chance. Our biggest pumpkin swims in this one. It may have to be pulled out and started anew. I really loathe having to pull out knitting...I even got all fancy- like and figured out how to use two different colored yarns...It figures. So I tried again. This is the third hat. This one was supposed to be for an adult man. Yeah, right. Our smallest green pumpkin thinks this hat is just right. It actually fits Ava-wasn't that what I started out to do here- knit a hat for a baby!?! This one will find it's permanent home on my friend's new son's head this Christmas. At least this hat won't end up back on the ball of yarn. I think I need a break-I am going to make a Halloween head piece for an undisclosed family member's costume. I'll take my time with this one-no rushing in.

2 comments:

Philigry said...

can't wait to see what you are up to!
I have done this before with knittng. maybe the yarn you are using is bigger than the pattern suggests?

Shannon said...

Popped over from Katie at Philigry. I love this post because I am a beginning knitter too. I soooo feel ya here! I have only officially completed one item. I am nearly finished with a pair of mittens. It is not easy to learn but well worth it. I'll be cheering you on!